Saturday, June 30, 2012

What is there to do in Belize? Plenty!

Well I've been slacking off these past few days from blogging but mostly because we've been so busy. I can't seem to sleep much past 6 am here because the sun is up and shining through our blinds and I just don't want to miss any of this beautiful day while I'm here!

Kim and Jake wanted to go snorkeling so Drew, Jen and I took a day off from diving and went out snorkeling with them to the beautiful Belizean marine park Hol Chan followed by a trip to Shark Ray alley. They loved it! Hol Chan is an incredible snorkeling site and you are almost guaranteed a spotted eagle ray, a green turtle, various other stingrays and some nurse sharks. It's funny how you get used to something and almost take it for granted. We've done shark/ray alley so many times I nearly had the dive guide skip it but Kim wanted to go since she's never done anything like that before. I'm so glad we did! It's so much fun reliving an experience through the eyes of a "newbie"! They had a blast!



Jen poses for the camera





Kim wanted me to get a pic of her swimming with the sharks but it was tough to get the sharks to pose! This was as close as I could get!



about a 300 pound nurse shark




horse eyed jack




big barracuda



Jacob is fearless now!


Couple of stingrays fighting for food




Then we headed to the palapa bar for a few drinks and some relaxation






they have hammocks to chill in and tubes to float in



You can actually sit in the tubes and have someone deliver your drinks to you!



Drew and Jen with their virgin coladas





off to a local joint called Waruguma for dinner



the ladies make Belizean "Papusas" right on carts out front. They are amazing and about $1.25 US. You can have your choice of fillings of chicken, pork, beans, cheese, spinach, lobster...you name it!



no frills restaurant with GREAT and cheap food!



Kim and I split this enormous lobster burrito! I couldn't even eat my half. I think it was about $15 US!



and lobster ceviche! I LOVE Lobster season!!



Kim and Jake departed early Friday morning for Placencia!



arrived by plane and departed by boat. You can travel any way you like around here!


Kim and Jake departed at 8 am and Tommy arrived at noon exactly!





he is happy to be back at our condo with his first (of many) Beliken!



we headed to the Roadkill bar for the famous Wade the Gringo burgers! They are amazing!! Best on the island!







and Matt's world famous panty ripper! YUM!!


Jen and Tommy chillaxin on the beach



off to Catamaran beach bar for drinks with our awesome friend and dive instructor Junior Tillet!






Great place on the beach!





finished off the night at Fido's for family dinner! Glad we are all together again!

Off to Caye Caulker today for Lobster fest! More lobster!! I'm in HEAVEN!!







No comments:

Post a Comment