Saturday, April 24, 2010

And then there was one...

Well the latest pond tragedy happened sometime during this past week. I noticed that I hadn't seen our largest fish that managed to survive the wintertime carnage of the mink. We also replaced the koi that we lost with 5 babies. Now we are down to one after the latest in "koi karnage". I am seriously pissed. Once these little vermin find your pond it's all over. Several ponds in our area have been ransacked by wild mink including 2 landscapers immense ponds within a mile. Time to take matters into our own hands although how that looks varies between husband and wife. I would like to live trap and relocate said critters while my husband on the other hand... well let's just say we'll try my way first and go from there. We have one remaining terrified little spotted koi who has managed to find a great little hidey hole crammed into a crevice in between a planter and a rock. Now it all makes sense why none of the fish would swim about freely recently. We will keep you posted on the progress.


hiding behind the rock





No comments:

Post a Comment